Balanced Financial Planning, Inc. (BFP) is a financial planning and Registered Investment Advisory firm headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas. The firm specializes in providing Fee-Only financial planning services and investment advice to individuals and families.
BFP advisors work solely for their clients: as Fee-Only advisors, all potential conflicts of interest regarding compensation are removed. Only financial advisors who are Registered Investment Advisors are held, by law, to a fiduciary standard. Balanced Financial Planning follows a fiduciary standard and we act in your best interest at all times.
Clients have the flexibility to engage us on either a one-time, as-needed or an ongoing Retainer basis. Whether you are building assets for the future - or seeking to protect, enjoy and pass on those you already have - Balanced Financial Planning, Inc. can help you along the way.
To help you reach your important goals, our services include:
- Personal Financial Planning
- Financial Organization
- Retirement Planning Strategies
- Cash Flow Review and Planning
- Education Funding Advice
- Lump Sum Distribution and 401k Rollover Advice
- Social Security Benefit Analysis
- Pension Benefit Analysis
- Retirement Income Withdrawal Strategies
- Life, Disability and Long Term Care Insurance Needs Analysis
- Retainer Services for Ongoing Assistance, Portfolio Management and Plan Implementation
Balanced Financial Planning, Inc. offers our Fee-Only services based on the time involved to deliver the services you have engaged us to complete. No commissions. No minimums. To find out more information please visit FAQ and Services.
Our Mission Statement
We take a long-term view as we build our firm around these core values:
- Trust We develop long-term relationship with our clients built on an experience of trust.
- Empowerment We empower our clients to make educated choices that will help them realize their financial goals and lead the life they chose.
- Transparency We will always deliver our services to the client with full disclosure. There is never a hidden agenda or motivation behind the services and recommendations we make. We will always respond with clear and concise answers to any questions in the delivery of the services we provide to our clients.
- Teamwork We work together as a team to provide clients with service that fully utilizes our diverse professional and life experiences.
- Balance We know that in order to provide excellent client service we need to have a healthy balance in the commitments to our clients, families and the communities in which we live and work.
These values are in fact more than a corporate mission. They symbolize a way of life that permeates every aspect of our firm and the way we do business.
Balanced Financial Planning, Inc. offers an Introduction Meeting at which we will discuss your current financial situation, objectives and concerns. It is an opportunity for us to exchange information and for you to determine, at no charge, if we are the right financial planning firm for you. After the Introduction Meeting we will present you with a fee quote for providing our financial planning service. This first meeting will last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and this meeting does not obligate you to retain our services.
In order to move forward with your financial planning, we need to understand the details of your financial life. However, we realize that like most people, your financial life probably is not in perfect order. Statements and insurance policies can get buried and sometimes clients lose track of old accounts. So we will work together to help you get organized. Please bring with you whatever financial information you can locate. We also ask that you complete and bring our Questionnaire located on the Home page. Our goal is to help you be on your way to getting your financial information in good order. We'll gather the details we need to take your financial plan to the next stage.
If you would like to schedule an Introduction Meeting please feel free to call our office at (913) 677-1090 or click on "Book A Meeting." We look forward to hearing from you.